Global = universal
One = interconnectedness
Global One Foundation supports over 400 children through holistic education and nourishment in one of the world’s largest slums.
WHAT WE DO
Global One establishes wholistic education through schools and community projects
(W)holistic: considering the whole, consisting of whole-parts and their synergy
- Wholistic-Based Education: Providing infant through high school education
- Focus: Mental, emotional, social and community engagement
- Needs: Nutrition & clean water- Feeding 400 children twice daily with healthy meals
- MindBody Wellbeing: Meditation training, check-ups, emotional wellbeing, and stress reduction skills
- Technology: Solar powered computer literacy training centers, offering access to courses in Kibera for the first time
- Energy: Focus on leveraging solar and clean energy
- Beauty: Beautifying Kibera through art, murals and billboards with meaningful messages
BY embodying global oneness, positive ethical and aesthetic implications emerge
We believe every human being should have the opportunity to grow and be supported to fulfill their dreams and contribute their unique gifts to the world - especially in communities where dreams go unrealized.
WHAT IS A wholistic view?
Inner affects Outer | Outer affects Inner
A (w)holistic approach cultivates both inner and outer conditions that are housed within social and environmental contexts. Interconnectivity and inter-dependence are the primary lens through which we see the problem, and therefore, the solution.
This allows for optimal synergy for the greatest goodness and beauty.
Inner conditions: May include general knowledge, perspective, learning new skills, worldview and values, cognitive and emotional developmental capability and potential, cultural practices, and general psychology (attention, emotion, states, and affect regulation).
Outer conditions: May include school and education access, clean water, clean energy, transportation, social-techno-economic equality, health & factors, medical care access, computer learning centers, and the ecological setting (e.g., removing toxins, planting crops and trees, promoting art and inspiration).
Individual and Collective: Similar to inner and outer, the individual and collective interact- an individual's worldview affects the wider community. The communityworldview influences the individual. Wholistic education helps children influence the community - now and in the future. This has a generational effect.
The inner affects the outer, the outer affects the inner.
Individuals influence community. Community shapes the individual.
Urgent circumstances can and should be optimized for thriving in the greatest goodness and beauty possible.