Wholistic Education transforming Kibera, one child at a time.
Global One Foundation's purpose is to provide the support necessary to cultivate wellbeing and growth in the lives of children in disadvantaged situations. To achieve this goal, we invest in a comprehensive and wholistic education that is flourishing despite difficulty of circumstance.
Global One has established the following schools in Kibera:
- Global One Lower Primary (Elementary) School: Infant through Grade 5
- Global One Upper Primary (Middle) School: Grades 6 - 8
- Global One Secondary (High) School: Grades 9 - 12
Wholistic Education Focus:
- Traditional Education Classes
- Meditation and Emotional Skills Training
- Computer Courses: Typing, Microsoft Office, Search Engine Skills, Programming.
- Yoga, Sports
- Art, Music, Drama
Academic Performance: On the 2016 national Kenyan exams, Global One Kibera School students scored in the upper tier of all school in Kibera.
Children in Kibera often do not eat consistent meals at home. Malnutrition is well documented by the World Health Organization.
Global One provides two meals a day during school hours.
For many children their meals at school are the only reliable source of healthy food
- Porridge in the morning
- Rice and Beans with local greens for lunch
We hope to expand our food program with more options and to serve more children.