we promote a holistic Education pathway for a new generation in kibera
School Enrollment of Approximately 500 Children Ages 2-18
Global One Foundation's purpose is to foster extraordinary dreams in urgent circumstances. This means we seek to provide the necessary support to cultivate wellbeing and growth in their lives now while co-actively affecting their future.
Global One has established the following schools in Kibera with a total enrollment of approximately 500 children:
- Global One Nursery and Pre-School
- Global One Lower Primary (Elementary) School: Infant through Grade 5
- Global One Upper Primary (Middle) School: Grades 6 - 8
- Global One Secondary (High) School: Grades 9 - 12
Holistic Education Focus:
- Traditional Chartered UK-modeld Kenyan Education
- Meditation Instruction, Twice-Daily Practice Sessions
- Computer Courses: Typing, Microsoft Office, Search Engine Skills, Programming.
- Yoga, Sports
- Art, Music, Drama classes
- Full Time Nurse and Social Worker at the Global One Schools
- Food: two nourishing meals per day are provided to every child
On the 2017 national Kenyan exams, Global One Kibera School students scored in the upper tier of all school in Kibera.
Food Program WITH WWW.start somewherE.EU
Children in Kibera often do not eat consistent meals at home. Malnutrition is well documented by the World Health Organization.
Global One provides two meals a day during school hours through the generous support of Start Somewhere.
For many children their meals at school are the only reliable source of healthy food. Students receive:
- Porridge in the morning
- Basmati Rice and Red Beans with local greens for lunch