we promote a Wholistic Education pathway for a new generation in kibera
Global One Foundation's purpose is to foster extraordinary dreams in urgent circumstances. This means we seek to provide the necessary support to cultivate wellbeing and growth in their lives now while co-actively affecting their future.
Global One has established the following schools in Kibera:
- Global One Lower Primary (Elementary) School: Infant through Grade 5
- Global One Upper Primary (Middle) School: Grades 6 - 8
- Global One Secondary (High) School: Grades 9 - 12
Wholistic Education Focus:
- Traditional Education Classes
- Meditation Instruction, Daily Practice and Emotional Skills Training
- Computer Courses: Typing, Microsoft Office, Search Engine Skills, Programming.
- Yoga, Sports
- Art, Music, Drama
- Full Time Nurse and Social Worker at the Global One Schools
- Food: two nourishing meals per day are provided to every child
On the 2016 national Kenyan exams, Global One Kibera School students scored in the upper tier of all school in Kibera.
Children in Kibera often do not eat consistent meals at home. Malnutrition is well documented by the World Health Organization.
Global One provides two meals a day during school hours.
For many children their meals at school are the only reliable source of healthy food
- Porridge in the morning
- Rice and Beans with local greens for lunch
We hope to expand our food program with more options and to serve more children.