Global One supports over 100 women, men and children with education and meditation training in kibera africa's largest slum.
"Global One is pioneering education, computer literacy, meditation in the heart of the most forgotten areas."
We believe every human being can have the opportunity to grow, thrive, pursue meaningful lives - especially in areas of need so often ignored by the global community.
-WHAT WE DO-
Global One is a US-based 501(c)3, international nonprofit with programs in Kibera Kenya. Integrative, holistic education approaches.
Global One has been a Major Charity Partner in Global Poverty Project Live Below the Line Campaign USA
Global One schools and community projects
(W)holistic: considering the whole, consisting of whole-parts and their synergy
AN INTEGRATIVE approach to the PHILOSOPHY OF EducatiON
infant age through high school ages
- Beauty: beautifying Kibera with meaningful messaging through art, murals, and billboards. And most importantly, though the human spirit.
- Education: chartered elementary and secondary education for the most underserved in Kibera.
- Sustenance: clean water + twice daily meals to 500+ children.
- Wellbeing: meditation training, stress reduction, check-ups, and resilience skills.
- Technology & Connectivity: solar powered computer training centers
- Energy: focus on leveraging solar and clean energy.
A holistic approach?
Inner affects Outer | Outer affects Inner
A (w)holistic approach cultivates both inner and outer conditions that are housed within social and environmental contexts.
This allows for optimal synergy for the greatest intelligence, goodness and beauty.
Inner conditions: general knowledge, perspective taking, critical thinking, learning new skills, understanding worldview and value systems, cognitive and emotional awareness potential, cultural beliefs, and general psychology (attention, stress reduction, wellbeing).
Outer conditions: infrastructure, clean energy, education access, clean water, medical access, computer learning centers, and the ecological setting (e.g., removing toxins, planting crops and trees, promoting art and inspiration).
Individual and Collective: An individual's memetic (worldview) affects the wider community. The community-worldview simultaneously is influencing the individual. (W)holistic education influences the wider community - both now and in the future - creating a generational effect across time.