Global One supports over 1,000 children with chartered education, computer literacy, food, and meditation training in kibera africa's largest slum.
"Global One is pioneering education, computer literacy, meditation in the heart of the most forgotten areas."
We believe every human being can have the opportunity to grow, thrive, pursue meaningful lives - especially in areas of need so often ignored by the global community.
-WHAT WE DO-
Global One is a US-based 501(c)3, international nonprofit with programs in Kibera Kenya. Integrative, holistic education approaches. Global One's programs are serving over 1,000 children, women and men in Africa's largest slum.
Global One has been a Major Charity Partner in Global Poverty Project Live Below the Line Campaign USA
Global One schools and community projects
(W)holistic: considering the whole, consisting of whole-parts and their synergy
AN INTEGRATIVE approach to the PHILOSOPHY OF EducatiON
infant age through high school ages
- Education: chartered elementary and secondary education for the most underserved in Kibera including the arts, languages, physical & social sciences.
- Environment: beautifying Kibera with meaningful messaging through art, murals, and billboards
- Food and Clean Water: clean water + two meals a day to 500+ children
- Wellbeing: meditation training, stress reduction training to enhance peace in the community and as psychosocial interventions
- Technology & Connectivity: solar powered computer training centers. Hundreds have participated in training and used our centers for browsing.
- Energy: solar power!
A holistic approach?
Inner affects Outer | Outer affects Inner
A (w)holistic approach cultivates both inner and outer conditions that are housed within social and environmental contexts.
This allows for optimal synergy for the greatest intelligence, goodness and beauty.
Inner conditions: general knowledge, perspective taking, critical thinking, learning new skills, understanding worldview and value systems, cognitive and emotional awareness potential, cultural beliefs, and general psychology (attention, stress reduction, wellbeing).
Outer conditions: infrastructure, clean energy, environmental values, technology access, education access, clean water access, medical care, computer learning centers, and the ecological/environmental setting (e.g., removing toxins, planting crops and trees, promoting art and inspiration).
Individual and Collective interaction: an individual's memetic (or worldview/values) affects the wider community. Shared community beliefs and norms are obviously influence individual perspectives and perspective taking abilities. (W)holistic education (increasing knowledge basis and perspecitive taking, environmental awareness, peace and stress reduction, technological skills and problem solving, etc.) introduces the opportunity for positive generational changes.