CHILD PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
WHY PARTNER WITH A GLOBAL ONE KIBERA STUDENT?
The average income in Kibera is less than $2 USD per day. The average household is shared by 4-8 people living in a home measuring 10 ft x 10 ft (3.04 m x 3.04 m).
Most caregivers are unable to spend income on their children's education. The cost of tuition fees, uniform, shoes, textbooks, school bag, and other needs competes with life essentials of rent, food, electricity, and water.
The Global One School Kibera Schools is specifically open to those children who are orphans or come from families of greatest need in Kibera. 50% of our students are orphans.
Motivated and compassionate child partners from around the world support this need, enabling dozens of children to thrive in Global One Kibera Schools. See Videos below.
How can I partner with a child in Kibera?
Child Partnership plays a crucial role in our cause. The cost of enrolling and supporting a child in Kibera is less $10 USD per month. This allows partners to directly support a student's education needs.
The cost of educating a child is only $12.50 USD per month (less than two Netflix subscriptions)
$150 USD Per Year (One Time Annual Child Partnership Payment) covers all their educational needs:
- 2 Nutritious meals a day (morning and lunch) for the entire school year (3 semesters/terms)
- New school uniform and new shoes
- New textbooks and writing materials for all classes
- New School bag
- Meditation Training by certified TM teacher
- Stress Reduction and Emotional Skills Training
- Microsoft Skills Computer Literacy Course Fee (3 semesters/terms)
- Computer Course Tuition Fee (for all 3 semesters/terms)
*Annual Child Partnership also includes an introduction video to you and your child partner
$20 USD additional for personal Video Update on you child partner sent to you via email (see below)